The Regina Qu’Appelle Health Region (RQHR) is seeking a General Surgeon to join its Department of Surgery, Section of General Surgery in Regina, Saskatchewan.
General Surgeon Opportunity:
The specialist will join us in a full-time, fee-for-service position in a community based general surgery practice and share on call responsibilities and resources at the Regina General Hospital. The Regina Qu’Appelle Health Region’s General Surgery Section includes 16 specialists with diverse sub-specialty interests.
General Surgery services are shared between two sites: the Regina General Hospital, our trauma centre representing all major surgical specialties, except transplant, and the Pasqua Hospital, a community-based hospital and referral centre specializing in Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Plastic Surgery, General Surgery, Urology and Paediatric Oncology.
Call coverage is a requirement for the position. In addition to fee-for-service, you would be eligible for any on-call retainer consistent with the Specialist Emergency Coverage Program.
The Regina Qu’Appelle Health Region is dedicated to academics and learning and is a partner in meeting the growing educational needs of medical students and residents from the College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan.
The ideal candidate will hold certification from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in General Surgery and have additional experience in Trauma Surgery. The ideal candidate will have a willingness to participate in the Trauma Surgery on call responsibilities.
This individual should be a team player, be able to interact effectively with patients, colleagues, staff and management, and function well in a high volume environment with a commitment to provision of high quality patient and family centered care.
Candidates should be eligible for regular license through the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan.
In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada
The Regina Qu’Appelle Health Region (RQHR):
Includes two tertiary hospitals, one rehabilitation facility, five rural hospitals, twenty-one long term care facilities (including integrated care facilities and affiliates) and highly integrated community
- employs over 11,000 staff and privileges over 700 physicians
- fosters the opportunity for clinical work, research, teaching and academic appointments with the University of Saskatchewan
- new Dilawri Simulation Centre, giving both health care providers and students a chance to develop and hone their skills in a safe and realistic environment
Benefits of living in Regina, Saskatchewan:
- opportunity to achieve a balanced lifestyle for staff and physicians
- convenient transportation with less than 20 minute average commute
- only 45 minutes to cottage country
- urban amenities with the warmth and friendliness of a small town
- a wide range of outdoor activities, music, sport and cultural amenities
- enjoyment of the largest urban park in North America
- excellent public/catholic and culturally robust school systems; strong International Baccalaureate Program available at Luther College
For information or to submit a CV, please contact:
Kimberly Merk, Coordinator, Physician Recruitment & Retention
Regina Qu’Appelle Health Region
Better Health, Better Care, Better Value and Better Teams – Putting our Patients First