The Canadian Association of General Surgeons is the only national organization representing the interests of general surgeons in Canada. We struggle with manpower shortages, the aging of general surgeons, decreasing interest in general surgery as a career choice, and a shortage of funding in all areas of health care. CAGS provides a voice for ALL Canadian general surgeons. A strong and unified voice is more necessary at this time than at any other in the past.
Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing.
If applying offline, please download, print and fax or mail in the application form to the address below.
Benefits of a CAGS Membership
- A subscription to CJS
- Monthly e-news
- Reduced registration fees for the Canadian Surgery Forum
- Access to (accredited) EBRS modules
- Postgraduate courses
- Full access to the CAGS website
- Access to full text online journals and the Cochrane Library
- Access to video libraries
- Access to job postings and conference listings from across Canada
- Resident activities and support
- Royal College accredited provider of educational activities
- Corporate Air Canada membership for all members
- 3 bilingual newsletters annually
- Job, locum and preceptorship postings
- Guidelines and position statements
- Free postings in the CAGS e-news for Members
- Free postings on the CAGS website for Members
- Access to all CMA membership discounts for hotels and travel
- Support for General Surgery research
- On-line access to ASAP program
- International Surgery projects
- Access to Canadian Surgical Research Fund Grants
- Network with all 2000 CAGS members
- A say in the voice of Canadian General Surgery, and much more!