2020 Operating Grant Competition
Canadian General Surgery Foundation
OPERATING GRANT COMPETITION 2020
Note: Due to COVID-19, the 2020 Operating Grant is deferred until further notice.
Applications may be accepted in the fall of 2020, but please check back for updates.
The Canadian General Surgery Foundation (CGSF) was founded in the early 1980’s to promote research performed by general surgeons and general surgery residents in both clinical and basic science. The CGSF currently funds two research projects per year as well as sponsoring a Resident Research Retreat.
Applications are requested for Operating Grants from the Canadian General Surgery Foundation. More information regarding application submission is coming soon.
- The deadline for 2020 has been deferred until further notice.
- There are two operating grants of $10,000 each.
- Applicants must be CAGS members.
- Residents are encouraged to apply with a CAGS member as supervisor.
The application should include:
- A title page with information regarding all co-applicants and contact information for the principal applicant, including an email address
- A summary of the application (max. 1 page)
- A detailed description of the proposed research (maximum 5 pages), a list of references cited, and a detailed budget explaining how the $10,000 of funding will be allocated
- A curriculum vitae of the principal applicant (max. 3 pages), and if the principal applicant is a resident, of the faculty supervisor (max. 3 pages)
- A letter of support from the Head of the Division of General Surgery or Chair of the Department of Surgery of the institution where the work will be performed
Applications not received by the stated deadline or not conforming to these requirements will not be considered for funding.
For further information please contact us as email@example.com.