CONTRIBUTING TO SAEGIS
To learn more please click here
Saegis is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) whose mission is to protect the professional integrity of physicians and promote safe medical care in Canada. Saegis delivers professional development for physicians and healthcare professionals, safety programs for institutions and practice management solutions for physicians and team-based practices. Saegis offers high quality specialized solutions designed to contribute to a safe and sustainable healthcare system nationwide. One of the high impact solutions that Saegis is preparing to offer is a program for healthcare institutions that will improve the safety, team culture and efficiencies within high risk specialties. This will have a transformative impact on care across Canada.
Accountable to the Chief Executive Officer of Saegis, the Director, High Risk Specialty Programs is responsible for planning and directing all aspects of the delivery of these transformative programs to healthcare institutions across Canada. This position provides a unique opportunity to develop the business strategy, direct program development and lead initial pilot and ongoing implementations with hospitals.
The incumbent holds overall accountability for the development and delivery of the safety programs for high risk specialties that meet identified healthcare institution needs and are aligned with the strategic direction of the parent company. This will involve establishing and maintaining strong relationships both with Saegis’ key business partners and with a significant number of other stakeholders that will be key to success. Supported by Saegis staff, the Director will also be accountable for the acquisition and onboarding of new customers for the programs.
Given the nature of this role, the Director must form productive and sustainable relationships with a range of potential customers and key stakeholders, including those within the parent company and healthcare institutions, organizations and associations, to ensure the program meets identified needs and to drive growth. This role will require travel across Canada.
- Leads the process to understand the needs of Canadian healthcare institutions in relation to care within high risk specialties.
- Directs the development of high quality safety programs that will address the needs of healthcare institutions and other customers.
- Identifies and contracts appropriate external resources to develop elements of the program.
- Works closely with key business partner through program development process.
- Leads development of customer segmentation strategy to guide effective targeting of business development efforts.
- Identifies potential customers for safety programs and strategies for approaching them; develops relationships with them as appropriate.
- Works closely with the Marketing Specialist to appropriately market the programs to potential customers.
- Presents at relevant conferences and events to promote the programs.
- Leads the overall delivery of the Saegis program to healthcare institutions through a combination of direct delivery and overseeing delivery by contracted resources.
- Acts as the main point of contract for executive sponsors and senior management within hospitals throughout the program delivery process.
- Liaises with key business partner to ensure effective delivery of third party services.
- Identifies and contracts the appropriate resources to deliver these programs.
Corporate Planning and Financial Management
- Leads the development of a business strategy for the line of business in Canada.
- Consults with the CEO, COO and directors of other business lines to explore new initiatives and improvements related to the programs.
- Works with the department’s staff, CEO and COO to develop and implement long and short-term plans, practices and procedures that are aligned with the Saegis’ objectives.
- Identifies and assesses risks to achieving the operational plan and budget. Develops and implements plans to mitigate risks as appropriate.
- Leads development of the annual plan and budget for the line of business.
- Generates revenue in line with plans and manages spending within the established budget.
- Leads the development of performance metrics for the line of business that include those related to market penetration, customer satisfaction, program quality and long-term impacts of program.
- Provides information and reports on line of business results/performance, as well as on issues or initiatives of corporate importance.
- Works with departmental staff to develop and maintain high standards for the delivery of department services and products. Ensures the development of quality assurance practices and procedures.
- Provides leadership, coordination and direction to departmental staff to ensure the provision of high-quality services.
- Manages the performance of direct reports, and provides regular feedback including the annual performance assessment.
- Provides direction in the recruitment, management, and retention of staff.
Relationships and Teamwork
- Communicates with other business areas regarding issues of organizational importance to facilitate the understanding and work of all employees. Acts as a Champion of corporate goals and change within the line of business and throughout Saegis.
- Builds strategic relationships with key customer groups and potential partners in delivering programs.
- Works closely with counterparts within the parent company to ensure a common understanding of the market needs and effective coordination of related efforts.
- Connects and builds relationships with all Saegis management and staff
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Clinical experience within an operating room or other high risk hospital setting is strongly preferred (e.g. physician, nurse, etc.).
- Dependent on candidate, the following education is required:
- Degree in medicine, or
- 4 year Bachelor in Nursing Science (or equivalent combination of Diploma and work experience, or
- University degree, preferably an MBA or Master in Public Health
- Minimum of 10 years’ related experience with 5 years’ at a management level
- Experience with quality improvement in a hospital asset is a strong asset
- Expertise in managing operational plans, budgets and performance
- Experience working with senior decision makers, staff, and a variety of stakeholders
- Experience in coaching and mentoring individuals and teams to meet their full potential
- Experience working within an entrepreneurial organization is an asset
- Experience working with innovative technology or medical devices is desirable
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills
- Self-starter with a proven track record of delivering results
- Demonstrated ability to understand and effectively navigate complex business challenges
- Demonstrated excellent presentation skills
- Ability to have a “big picture” perspective, exercise sound judgment and make difficult decisions
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
- Bilingualism (English and French) an asset
- Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by 4:00 PM on Tuesday May 29, 2018
- Selected candidates may be required to complete a skills assessment and provide proof of required academic completion
Applications should be sent via – http://app.jobvite.com/m?3eUhRjw4