Opportunity for second full-time General Surgeon on the beautiful Sunshine Coast.
Site: Sechelt HospitalSite
Type of Position:Permanent
Hours of Work:Full-timeOn Call Health Authority expects 100% Level 1 MOCAP coverage, supported by the local surgeons with locum support.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Desired
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) Desired
- Current College of Physicians of BC (CPSBC) License Full
- Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) Mandatory
- Emergency Mandatory
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC) Mandatory
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PAL) Desired
- Surgical MandatoryThe Sunshine Coast peninsula is one of BC’s most scenic regions, accessible from the mainland by a 40-minute ferry ride. A backdrop of the majestic Coastal Mountain Range frames a myriad of bike and cross-country skiing trails and miles of sandy beaches. The area is home to nearly 29,000 residents – concentrated around the larger town centres of Sechelt, Gibsons Landing and Pender Harbour. This family-friendly community offers highly rated schools. Nestled on a strip of land between Sechelt and the Salish Sea, Sechelt and area residents enjoy an idyllic mix of water and land activities.Sechelt Hospital is a 32-bed acute care hospital which serves the entire Sunshine Coast. The hospital provides acute surgical, medical and obstetrical inpatient/outpatient services and is supported by laboratory, diagnostic imaging (including CT) and rehabilitation services. It is also home to a 4-bed critical care unit.
Duties include emergency as well as elective general surgery and endoscopy. There will be access to the operating room for scheduled and emergency surgeries.
This is a new permanent position sharing the workload historically covered by a single surgeon.
Sechelt is a designated Level “C” Rural community. Successful candidate may be eligible for rural retention program benefits.