About our opportunities
- Permanent General Surgery Fellow position starting as soon as possible – please specify your earliest availability in the application form
- Allocation based at Wellington Regional Hospital
- Role suitable for a Senior General Surgical Registrar who has passed their Part 2 Exams
We are looking to recruit two Surgical Registrars nearing completion of training for General Surgery Fellow positions at Wellington hospital.
Our department provides secondary and tertiary level care across all general surgery sub-specialties to the population of the lower North Island. The general surgery fellow will be an integral part of our department as they transition towards fully independent practice through these new positions. Working closely with the consultants across all general surgery sub-specialties, there will be opportunities that complement your desired career direction. Clinical exposure will be led by the consultants while the fellows also run a weekly clinic and be allocated a weekly operating list for their own patients. As well as attending defined operative, endoscopic and clinical sessions there is the opportunity to pursue a research Master’s degree via the University of Otago (further details available upon request).
RMO salaries are calculated based on relevant previous years of experience and the average weekly hours of work as set out in the relevant run description. For the current salary bands, please refer to thecurrent Multi-Employer Collective Agreement
Experience and Eligibility
- Suitable for Resident Medical Officers who are training in General Surgery and have completed their Part 2 Exams by the commencement date
- You will have eligibility for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. Information on the process of application for this can be found on their website athttp://www.mcnz.org.nz/
- You will need to be a NZ or Australian citizen or resident, or have an appropriate visa to be eligible to live and work in NZ. The immigration NZ website can be found athttps://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas
Home to the NZ government; a cultural epicentre of New Zealand, renowned for its cafes, nightlife, restaurants, harbour and proximity to vineyards, with a vibrant city life, host to numerous cultural events. It consistently scores globally as a popular city and has recently been named as the world’s most liveable city. Join our fellow 480 Resident Medical Officers across the Wellington region to gain leading experience, medical supervision and training.
Wellington Regional Hospital is a tertiary hospital with modern facilities including a Surgical Assessment and Planning Unit (SAPU) and offers exciting opportunities and top level training. Kenepuru Community Hospital provides predominantly secondary services catering to the communities north of Wellington, including Porirua and Kapiti.
How to apply?
If you wish to express your interest and you meet the criteria above, then please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below
Upon application you will need to provide:
- Electronic copies of your CV and cover letter. Emailed applications will not be accepted.
- Contact details for three consultants as referees that have supervised your day-to-day clinical work, one must be from your current or most recent employer.
Should you have any difficulties or have any questions about the application form or the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact Andrea Thomson at RMO_recruitment@ccdhb.org.nz quoting the vacancy reference number and job title in the subject.