Peterborough Regional Health Centre (PRHC) is a regional hospital with a proud local history extending back over a century.
Funded by the Province of Ontario through the Central East Local Health Integration Network, PRHC opened a new, single facility in 2008, serving a population of 300,000 people in Peter-borough and the surrounding region.
With a capacity of 494 beds, our region-al hospital offers an extensive range of services, including specialized pro-grams in renal, stroke, cardiac, cancer care and vascular surgery.
The Health Centre is also the region’s largest employer with 2,200 staff, 370 physicians with privileges, and 600 volunteers.
- Currently registered with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario or will-ing to obtain registration
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada exam in General Surgery and current membership
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with physicians, nursing staff, patients, directors, managers, and the community as required
- Fellowship training in advanced minimally invasive surgery
- Committed to a multi-disciplinary team approach
- Demonstrated analytical ability
- Has demonstrated an ability to encourage a spirit of co-operation amongst members
- Is willing to mentor existing surgeons as they develop their MIS skills.
- Evidence of on-going continued medical education
Interested individuals should forward their curriculum vitae or inquiries to:
Julie Tataryn, Medical Recruitment