OPERATING GRANT COMPETITION 2018
The Canadian Surgery Research Fund was founded in the early 1980’s to promote research performed by general surgeons and general surgery residents in both clinical and basic science. The CSRF currently funds two research projects per year as well as sponsoring a Resident Research Retreat.
Applications are requested for Operating Grants from the Canadian Surgical Research Fund. These can be submitted by E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline for receipt is June 30th, 2018.
- There are two operating grants of $10,000 each.
- Applicants must be CAGS members.
- Residents are encouraged to apply with a CAGS member as supervisor.
The application should include:
- A title page with information regarding all co-applicants and contact information for the principal applicant, including an email address
- A summary of the application (max. 1 page)
- A detailed description of the proposed research (maximum 5 pages), a list of references cited, and a detailed budget explaining how the $10,000 of funding will be allocated
- A curriculum vitae of the principal applicant (max. 3 pages), and if the principal applicant is a resident, of the faculty supervisor (max. 3 pages)
- A letter of support from the Head of the Division of General Surgery or Chair of the Department of Surgery of the institution where the work will be performed
Applications not received by the stated deadline or not conforming to these requirements will not be considered for funding.
For further information please contact:
Dr. Alice Wei
Research Committee Chair
10EN – 215, 200 Elizabeth St
University Health Network
Toronto, ON M5G 2C4
Tel: (416) 340-4232
Fax : (416) 340-3808
email : email@example.com