Canadian Surgery Forum: Resident Education Symposium
Each year at the Canadian Surgery Forum (CSF), the Residents’ Committee chairs a symposium on a topic that is relevant and interesting to resident members of CAGS.
CAGS Resident Committee Symposium: Canadian Surgery Forum, September 25th 2020, 9:15-11:00
Session Chairs: Tamara Gimon, Caroline Huynh
Symposium Title: Mentorship and Sponsorship for Canadian General Surgery Residents
- Understand the nuances within the definitions of mentorship and sponsorship.
- Learn about the current mentorship program available to Canadian general surgery residents.
- Understand Canadian general surgery residents’ opinions and perspectives on mentorship and sponsorship in their residency training program.
- Current residents enrolled in a Canadian general surgery training program
- Program directors
- Medical students interested in general surgery
- Montreal, Quebec, 2019: Resident fatigue and burnout
- St. John’s, Newfoundland, 2018: Gender Disparities in General Surgery
- Victoria, British Columbia, 2017: Resident sustainability: family life, burnout, and quality of life in general surgery residency
- Toronto, Ontario, 2016: How to Become a Successful Residency Program: Variations in Program Structure and Subjective Impact on Performance
- Quebec City, Quebec, 2015: More Competent in Less Time – The Future of General Surgery?
- Vancouver, British Columbia, 2014: Credential Creep in Surgery: Is “FRCSC” No Longer Enough?
- Ottawa, Ontario, 2013: The Battle for Endoscopy: Preserving the General Surgeon’s Scope of Practice in Residency Training
- Calgary, Alberta, 2012: Transition to Community Practice in General Surgery: is Post-Residency Training Required
- London, Ontario, 2011: Competency-Based Training
- Quebec City, Quebec, 2010: Resident Work Hour Restrictions
- Victoria, BC, 2009: International Surgery Experiences During Residency
- Halifax, Nova Scotia, 2008: Simulators in Residency Training and How to Pass the Royal College Exam
- Toronto, Ontario, 2007: Career Development